Wednesday 22 July 2009

Number 2....................




Number 2......................

So, a few years ago some of you know I got to number 2 in the Japanese single charts with my track “My name is Supergirl”.....Did I want to be number 1? Of course, who wouldn’t?

It got me thinking about other areas in my life and where I am positioned. Until now I had always been 2nd in department and was not happy about being in that position either. Now I am about to become number 1 and have my own number 2 so I should be happy right?

I came 2nd in the county 400m race when I was 13 and was more than happy until someone said

“it’s not the winning its the taking part that counts”

From that point on I wanted to be number 1.

I'm a Gemini....the twins, that's 2

I live in flat 11...1+1=2

( perhaps that's taking it a bit "2" far!)

In the words of a close friend “internet dating is a game of numbers”, if that is the case I should have won the lottery by now or maybe found “the one”. As most of us seem to have had at least a few “ones” and thought ,this is it. It is a wonderful feeling to know you are number one in someone’s life and not so easy being number 2; it is often hard to understand particularly if sometimes you are made to feel like number 1.

The point I am making is that although we often think place ourselves as number 1 in so many areas of our lives, the people around us may see us as very differently according to their own individual numbering systems.

Whilst I’m not saying we are all just numbers, I think what I’m saying does add up....and my score is usually to 2....

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment